1) What was the last book you read?
S.T.A.G.S by M.A. Bennett. It’s an eARC I got from NetGalley.
2) Was it a good one?
Yeah, really good. I wrote a review about it but you can’t buy the book until 10th August 😕
3) What made it good?
You can check my review on the book. ^^
4) Would you recommend it to other people?
5) How often do you read?
Literally all the time.
6) Do you like to read?
Well if I didn’t, I wouldn’t be running this book blog here or that would just be awkward…
7) What was the last bad book you read?
Probably Me & Earl & the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews.
8) What made you dislike it?
It didn’t really have a real plot and the characters weren’t very likeable or interesting.
9) Do you wish to be a writer?
Oh definitely! I actually have a WIP that’s an Alice in Wonderland retelling.
10) Has any book every influenced you greatly?
Every book I read gives me inspiration – even if it’s a bad book. But some big ones are the Dorothy Must Die series (which I FINALLY finished) and the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe.
11) Do you read fan fiction?
That’s literally what I’ve been doing all week.
12) Do you write fan fiction?
13) What’s your favorite book?
Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.
14) What’s your least favorite book?
This Raging Light by Estelle Laure or Life in a Fishbowl by Len Vlahos. I could go on a rant about these two books but I’m not going to. You can read my read my review for the second one though.
15) Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I do prefer physical books but I own a Kindle and I love using it since it’s so convenient.
16) When did you learn to read?
To be honest, I can’t remember. I learnt from a young age and have read ever since.
17) What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
The Lion, the Witch and the Wadrobe.
18) What is your favorite book series?
I have it narrowed down to three. Dorothy Must Die, Malory Towers, or Geek Girl.
19) Who is your favorite author?
I don’t really have a favourite author. I tend to read books by any author.
20) What is your favorite genre?
Does YA count as a genre?!? I like to read all types of books so genre doesn’t matter to me – as long as it sounds interesting.
21) Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Itchingham Lofte from the Itch series by Simon Mayo.
22) Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
The Hobbit. I thought the world building was really good but I has been years since I read it. I might give it a reread.
23) Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. This book was 200+pages so I was really mad when I got to the end and discovered it ended on a cliffhanger. I NEED ANSWERS!
24) Which book do you wish DIDNT have a sequel?
I’ve never really had a problem with sequels. I’d be more irked if there wasn’t one.
25) How long does it take you to read a book?
It depends. Either 1-4 days or like a month – there is no inbetween. I still haven’t finished reading Mosquitoland even though I started it in November?!?
26) Do you like when books become movies?
Yeah of course! I’m a very visual person (and lazy) so it’s much easier to enjoy the plot and characters if you don’t have to focus on reading.
27) Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
So far, I haven’t read a book/watched a movie and had this experience.
28) Which movie has done a book justice?
The Maze Runner. The book wasn’t bad but it’s definitely more exciting on screen.
29) Do you read newspapers?
30) Do you read magazines?
I like magazines but I don’t read them all that often.
31) Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
I prefer magazines but like I said I don’t read either.
32) Do you read while in bed?
I’m not even going to deny it lol. I totally do.
33) Do you read while on the toilet?
Yes and I’m not ashamed!
34) Do you read while in the car?
I can but I try not to because it gives me a headache and makes me sick.
35) Do you read while in the bath?
I don’t even take baths but if I did then I probably would.
36) Are you a fast reader?
I once read a novel in 6 hours
powered by nothing but boredom and midnight adrenaline. You decide.
37) Are you a slow reader?
38) Where is your favorite place to read?
I like reading on my couch in the living room. Or probably while I’m eating.
39) Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Not really. I frequently listen to music while I’m reading or while my family is watching TV.
40) Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
41) Who gave you your love for reading?
My mum. She was an avid reader as a child as well.
42) What book is next on your list to read?
Perfect by Cecelia Ahern. It’s currently sitting in the bottom of my library bag, waiting to be read.
43) When did you start to read chapter books?
Honestly, I can’t remember. Probably soon after I started reading books on my own.
44) Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Enid Blyton. I loved the Malory Towers series and her other books.
45) Which author would you most want to interview?
Veronica Roth because I pretty much love all her books.
46) Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
John Green because he is literally me in life and everything.
47) What book have you reread the most?
The Silver Crown by Robert O’Brien.
48) Which books do you consider “classics”?
Books that have been extremely influential in their time like Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice.
49) Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
I haven’t read most of the classics so I can’t really say but I think mythology should be focused on more.
50) Which books should be banned from all schools?
I think every author has something to say so no books should be banned (unless they’re wildly inappropriate and offensive then that’s a different matter).
You! What books do you guys consider classics? Tell me in the comments.
Tomi is a book lover and the blogger behind A Bookworm’s Guide to Life which is a space for avid readers, creatives and all-round cool kids.